Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Path is LONG

So, recently I met with a Rabbi from Aish HaTorah to discuss this journey I'm on (I've spoken with several Rabbis).  He asked me whether or not I knew for certain that my birth mother was not Jewish.  So, when my parents were here on Thursday for dinner, I asked, point blank - did they know, or could they help me find out? Turns out they knew - and she definitely was not Jewish.  So I will need to go through the conversion as a convert, even though I was raised Jewish.

The Rabbi introduced me to another Rabbi at Aish, who runs the Country Shul (or will, or something along those lines), and this Rabbi introduced me to his wife.  I felt so warm and welcome and comfortable with these people, that I am certain that this is the right path for me to be following.

I am doing a lot of reading, and have started reading "Gateways to Judaism" by Rabbi Blacher (please excuse me if my spelling is wrong - I don't have the book beside me. I'll edit it later.  I am also reading "How to Keep Kosher" by Lise Stern. It's very interesting as it discusses the laws but doesn't go TOO much into detail.

My kitchen isn't 100% kosher (it's not even 50% kosher yet), but it's getting there.  We buy kosher food, we separate milk and meat, so we're on the way.

This journey is going to be long, but it's going to be so worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment