Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Israel.... Is Real!!!

So last night I attended my JWRP Orientation meeting.  OH MY GOODNESS!! I can not wait to go on this trip!!!!

The ladies all seem so fabulous and we will be sharing a bus with the Minnesota contingent.  My roommate Sheri seems like a really sweet woman - I think we'll have no problem sharing a room. 

I will post my itinerary later, but here are some of the highlights:

*A visit to an orphanage
*A visit to an army base
*A trip up Masada and a naming ceremony
*A trip to the Dead Sea.
*Shabbat dinner at Aish, and visits to the Kotel (The western wall)
*Lori Palatnik is going to be there!!!

For those of you who don't know who Lori Palatnik is, she's a woman who is very involved with Aish Ha'Torah.  She speaks frequently and has a video blog on Aish.com.  She always has inspiring things to say in her blog and I can't wait to meet her and speak with her and listen to her speak to and inspire us!!!

I got my JWRP knapsack last night, too and already it contains my passport, my itinerary and my notebook.  I, of course, will journal my trip and if I can use the computers in the business centre at the hotel, I hope to be able to upload some photos onto the blog, Facebook, etc.

It seems so real now that we've gotten our itinerary!!  32 more days!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment